Everyone wants to be happy.
Maybe your new year 2017 resolution is to be happy ; even if it isn’t, you would still want to be happy!
Many factors making one ‘apparently happy’ are beyond our destiny & control - such as health, money, power, beauty, status, etc.
But we can control some factors which give us much happiness and satisfaction.
The general principles governing these happy factors are:
- · Activity should be of our own choosing
- · Activity should not be over-challenging (burnout) or under-challenging (bore)
- · Intensely focused activity
- · There should be clear aim or objective
- · And preferably immediate feedback!
When we think of activities we love, we lose sense of time and ourselves in it. Like musicians practicing a song, like surgeons operating, like sportsmen competing – to name a few.
Activity should not be too challenging ( burnout) ; nor too easy ( boring)!
Also happiness is to enjoy what you do.
Happiness on TVs and advertisements is associated with relaxation on a beach with beer and food - NOT TRUE!
Happiness can be sweating it out on a jog, cycling, mountaineering or trying out some difficult music!